Friday, August 26, 2005

Wingspan

So I've been kind of down these past days. But sometimes all it takes to get one's spirits back up is a song. And that's all it took for me. With the help of bands like Queen and Journey, I was back up on my feet in a matter of moments. So I got to thinking: I wish I could could be that inspiring for people and do what said bands did for me.

I then went ahead and recorded my own inspirational song, highly inspired by said bands AND the ending theme from Transformers: The Movie. Basically, I ripped off Stan Bush's "The Touch" and based a whole song off of one line from it. It is entitled "Wingspan" and it all about power and eagles. I hope you enjoy it:

Wingspan

And in case you want to sing along, here are the lyrics:

You've got the touch, you've got the power.
If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
If you can feel it, you can make it real.
Because you got it in you, and you've got it on you.
You've got what it takes to become the eagle.

You've got the touch, you've got the power.

I can feel something inside me,
And if feels like an eagle, or maybe a wolf
Or maybe just the good old American flag.
But all I know is that if I put my mind to it,
I have the ability to do, achieve, and conquer anything.

Do you feel the solo inside of you?
Let it free!

There's a lot of things in this world to remember.
Like directions, math equations, people's names.
But if you only remember one thing, remember this:

You've got the touch, you've got the power.
Become the eagle, spread your wings.

Wingspan.



Please let me know your thoughts on it! Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may or may not have just added this song to my running mix.

Very inspiring.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nate i love you
love jon

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha

you've got the touch!!!
you've got the power!!!

amazing? i think so!

love molly

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Brian said...

This song makes all the songs from the Rocky Soundtrack sound like sad masterbation music! Thank you for the inspiration nate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home