Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Hail Ants!

Have you ever noticed that these days nobody ever says "...When pigs fly!" as a sarcastic retort when being asked to do something which they don't want to do? I think that's because science has come far enough that we probably could make pigs fly if we really wanted too. So, like, if I asked somebody for a million dollars, and they said "Sure I'll giv eyou a million dollars...when pigs fly!" I could probably go out and pay some bored scientist a few thousand dollars to biochemically engineer a flying pig, or even just build a rocket pack to put on the pig. Yeah it'd cost a few thousand dollars, but I'd get one million in return (as long as the contractually agreed to it and would hold up in a legal court), so it'd still be a huge profit. And hey, I'd also have a flying pig.

So next time somebody asks me for a million dollars, I'll probably just say "when bugs take over the earth and destroy the human race!" because it'll probably be another 50 years at least before that happens, and a million dollars won't really be that much then. Also, if bugs took over the earth and destroyed the human race, it's not like I'd get to use the money anyway, because I'd be dead. Killed by bugs.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK so this is an old post but i just read it so its new to me, like whoa!!! Yeah So nobody ever says"...when pigs fly" eh? Shows what you know! My daddio totally bought checks that have flying pigs on them. And when he goes to buy something and writes a check hes says "You can cash it, when pigs fly!!"
So buddy, there goes the entire point of your post...i bet you feel pretty dumb now.

Haha but i do like the "when bugs take over the eart and destroy the human race"


Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home